Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Online Curriculum Sale: Geography Games, Books

I am also clearing out some gently used geography games and books that we are no longer using.  Great way to keep the kids entertained this summer while helping them learn more about our country and our world!  I will be adding to this as I go through my homeschooling boxes so please keep checking back.

All items come from a non-smoking home.  If interested, please send me an email (caswrite at yahoo dot com) with your zip code, and I'll compute postage using the least expensive method, depending on the item.

Thank you for your interest!


McGraw-Hill Children's Publishing:

Countries and Cultures for Young Explorers:  Australia

(asking $4.99; retails on Amazon for $8.25 used)












What a fun way to teach preschoolers through second graders about the "Land Down Under!"  I used this with my son, who loved the song "Waltzing Matilda" when he was young. I also used it with my niece in elementary school so it can definitely be adapted to older kids.  It includes 48 pages of fun, with projects such as making a kangaroo puppet, learning the words to "Waltzing Matilda," making a laughing kookaburra from foam eggs, crafting a boomerang or an aboriginal musical instrument called a didjeridoo.  There are some Australian folk stories in it, and some simple recipes for favorite foods.

Your children will love learning about Australia with this book! 



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment