Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What are you reading this Lent?

Just curious--what books is everyone reading right now to  help them on their Lenten spiritual journey?

I'm absorbing this book:




Father Longenecker writes on of my favorite faith blogs, Standing on My Head.  So I decided to purchase his book The Gargoyle Code and download it into my Kindle to read while I'm waiting at sports practices and dance classes.  It is subtitled "Lenten Letters between a Master Tempter and his diabolical Trainee."

Needless to say, it isn't your typical Lenten meditation book.  It reminds me a bit of C.S. Lewis' Screwtape Letters.  Both books are based on a series of letters between a young tempter and his senior mentor.

Although the book is a satire, it makes one ponder about the many subtle influences of evil in our world today.  It also proves that it is possible to laugh and cry at the same time.  (Yes, I've shed a couple of tears over the sad state of our world and how easily the devil can tempt us away from our loving Father.)

So, if you have finished your heavier Lenten reading and want something that will make you think while you laugh, check out The Gargoyle Code.


What are you reading this Lent?  Please share in the combox!




No comments:

Post a Comment