Monday, November 14, 2011

Favorite Find: Wooden Church Playset

A couple of months ago I was looking for some simple, portable materials that I could use in the catechism class I'm teaching at our parish.   I ran across this Wooden Church Playset from Beulah Enterprises.

For $22.50, you get a nine piece set of wooden pieces including a priest, church backdrop, baptismal font, altar, lectern and a family of four figures (father, mother and two children).  You can also get a muslin bag to store it all in for $2.

My daughter has been fascinated with the playset, setting up up to look like our church and then re-enacting the Mass or baptisms with the priest and other figures.  She also took out some of our other wooden blocks and created her own small church--complete with pews and a choir section with "organ" and piano.  She has asked me to look for a small statue of Mary so she can set up a rosary praying area like the one in our church.

The Beulah Enterprise website suggests that older kids might enjoy making vestments so I'll be giving her some purple felt soon so she can decorate her little church for Advent.  I can also picture a tiny advent wreath make from a bit of faux greenery and four birthday candles.

I might give her some clay and suggest she make a paten and chalice.


There is so much play potential with this simple little wooden set.  It would make a great gift for Christmas.

Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated with Beulah Enterprises in any way and will not receive any compensation for this review.  Just sharing another one of my "favorite finds!" 





3 comments:

  1. I love this, Cheryl. thanks for sharing. on my way there now to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great resource! Thank you for sharing it. I've pinned a link (to your blog) on Pinterest as well. If I were in the USA I'd be buying this... and am tempted to try getting it anyway even though I'm in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Gretchen Wolff Pritchard's daughter and she'll be thrilled to hear how much your daughter loved the playset!

    ReplyDelete